TELAX is a 2D finite element software used for electric field simulation. It is powerful tool for calculation of power transformer and reactor main insulation electrical strength. Database of main insulation permissible electrical strength is incorporated. Database range is up to 1200kV transformers and reactors voltage class.
Following problems can be calculated:
- main insulation between neighbor windings.
- main insulation between windings and grounding parts of transformer.
- main insulation between leads and grounding parts of transformer.
- main insulation between bushing bottom part and grounding parts of transformer.
- creepage stress distribution along insulations barriers, strips, washers and so on.